Samson’s Move to Singapore

Samson here!

Since I’m taking over my mom’s blog, I thought that this would be the best time to tell you about my journey to Singapore. It was “ruff” but I hung in there, and it was all worth it.

It all began when my dad got this pretty dope promotion. We we’re super stoked! My mom had to start planning and said that it took atleast 4-5 months just for me alone. She had to get all my requirements through the AVA  and made sure that my vet took care of everything. She even had to fly out to LA for the day just to get my documents reviewed and stamped through the USDA. Apparently there’s no office where I’m from, and everything needed to be done within a certain timeframe. My parents even had to hire a pet mover in Singapore and a export agent in the US just to get me on the same plane as them. They helped to make sure that all my documents were there, booked my spot in quarantine, and made sure that I met the requirements and made it safely on and off the plane. My mom said it wasn’t cheap, but I’m a momma’s boy and I go wherever my momma goes.

While I watched my mom and dad pack up my things in my childhood home, I was pretty sad. I liked my house! I loved running up and down the stairs, having my own room and a backyard to potty. It was pretty awesome and I miss it!

Here’s a throwback of me watching my parents pack.


As you can see, my mom didn’t have a chance to take me to the groomers. But that’s okay! I look good in a man bun…I’ll rock that anyday!

The day of the move was “ruff”… My parents prayed for me and dropped me off at cargo before the flight. When I landed at our first destination, this dude picked me up (my mom said that was the export agent). He loaded up my food bins with ice just in case I got thirsty and put me on another plane. After the long flight I finally landed in Singapore. Another dude picked me up and brought me to quarantine.

I wasn’t ready, but he snapped a pic of me and sent it to my mom and dad just to let them know that I was okay.


Once I got to Sembawang Quarantine, I realized it wasn’t so bad. They had a nice yard to run in and I even had an air conditioned room. I was still adjusting to the humidity…but I did okay. When my parents made it out to see me, I was soooo happy that I couldn’t stop wagging my tail! I missed them so much!  At the end of the visit, I didn’t want them to leave me again…but you gotta do what you gotta do.

At the end of the 10 days in quarantine, another dude from the pet moving agency picked me up and dropped me off to my parents. And that was the end of it. My momma was happy to have me back in her arms. We moved into my new crib the next week and I was excited to see that there was a yard, it was bigger than the one at my old house!


Happy to be here!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s